Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

services listed with pricing in last bill appear NOT to be honored by Xfinity: customer deception?

New Poster

services listed with pricing in last bill appear NOT to be honored by Xfinity: customer deception?

My last bill jumped around $20 for the month of January, after being enrolled in a-la-carte services for a few years now (digital economy + performance internet). I called yesterday to get this resolved and thought I would possibly choose the 'Blast Plus' package, which was listed in my last bill as one of their available packages (no promotion price) for $99.95 -including digital economy cable + Blast internet-. This, I thought would get me to keep current services at a price similar to what I was paying (with only possibly a few dollars more, after considering equipment rental prices + taxes) . However, customer service over the phone told me that the Blast Plus package is *NOT* available for me for those services (digital economy + Blast internet), while this is clearly what is written down in the information pages I got with my last bill, with a clear note about 'Services & prices effective January 1st, 2018'. 

How could this be the case? Either your customer representatives are not aware of written official information, or you are consciously deceiving customers when you send such listings. 

I want to clarify that the representative over the phone offered me a promotion -that I ended up taking- that lets my bill remain at the same price range (current before the jump of January) for a couple of years, at a higher level of service. However, I have no guarantees of what my pricing is going to be after the two years. Shopping a-la-carte is what gave me, in theory, some piece of mind a few years back (as I refused any promotions offered to me at the time). Why is Xfinity refusing to offer stable packages for users and insists on having existing customers use one of their promotions? (I would have rather stayed with a-la-carte services). I am attaching a picture of the price listing that I referred to in this message (note that I cropped the top of the page to hide my account number from public view). 

Official Employee

Re: services listed with pricing in last bill appear NOT to be honored by Xfinity: customer decep...

Good evening, I can investigate this for you going forward. Would you like me to check your account for you?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: services listed with pricing in last bill appear NOT to be honored by Xfinity: customer decep...

Sure, feel to investigate this discrepancy (between the services offered over the phone vs. the services listed in official writings). 

Official Employee

pgoldweic, I'm following up for Shane while he is out of the office. It is possible that the promotion expired by the time you received the bill. Not 100% sure but I'll see if the promotion is even there on my end. Please send me a private message with your full name, phone number and address for help. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation