Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

seasonal billing for snowbirds

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 53 (26,330 Views)

seasonal billing for snowbirds

i understand that there is a new program for snowbirds. I have not been able to get the info.

52 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 53 (26,122 Views)

Re: seasonal billing for snowbirds

There's an 800 number for the seasonal plan -- got this today from live chat:  For temporary suspension of service, you would need to contact our Seasonal Plan department at 1-800-934-6489 M-F (8:00AM - 8:00PM) and Sat (8:00AM - 5:00PM)Eastern time.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 53 (25,655 Views)

Hi would also like to know what the seasonnal program is ????

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 53 (25,546 Views)

The seasonal suspend option is available as an alternative to either disconnecting your service, or paying full price when you will be away for an extended period of time.

The seasonal suspend is for a minimum of 60 days, and a maximum of 6 months, and you can put your account into seasonal status once every calander year.

Pricing will vary by region, but to give you a general idea, my region(Michigan/Indiana) the services drop down to $10 each, and there are no box/modem fees.

While in seasonal, you will only receive a black screen on your tvs

You will have no Internet connection, but you can still log in with your Comcast user name, and send/receive emails.

Phone service will still have a dial tone, and you can call local numbers w/o a charge.  For long distance there is a $0.05 per minute charge.  And of course 911 service is always active.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor
Executive Customer Relations
Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 53 (25,533 Views)

We will be leaving for the season at the end of May.   How do we request Seasonal billing?????

jim.tarabori@gmail.com

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 53 (25,523 Views)

You would have to call the 1-800-Comcast number.

The limitations in our computer system are that we can only enter the seasonal suspend order a month in advance.

Also, if you are going to return earlier than your scheduled restart time, give us a call at least 24 hours in advance to get your service turned on.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor
Executive Customer Relations
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 7 of 53 (25,503 Views)

tarabori1 wrote:

We will be leaving for the season at the end of May.   How do we request Seasonal billing?????

@gmail.com

Please open your post and delete your email address.  To do:  Click on Options on the right side of your post and click on Edit Reply.  The Help Forums are public, anyone can see your email address and you leave yourself open to having your email address harvested by spammers.

You might want to read the Posting Guidelines and Help with Forumjs blue links at the top right of this page.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 53 (22,667 Views)

...and I can retrieve messages on home phone segment of triple play??

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 53 (20,072 Views)

I have my television on seasonal hold in Naples, Florida and have forgotten when that ends.  Can you tell me when or whom to contact to find out.

Carolyn Phebus

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 10 of 53 (20,069 Views)

Carolyn_Phebus_ wrote:

I have my television on seasonal hold in Naples, Florida and have forgotten when that ends.  Can you tell me when or whom to contact to find out.

Carolyn Phebus

Call 1-800 comcast Billing Department.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 11 of 53 (19,110 Views)

Is Florida/Sarasota county seasonal hold minnium still 60 days?  

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 12 of 53 (19,105 Views)

Is Florida/Sarasota county seasonal hold minimum still 60 days?  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 53 (15,612 Views)

we will be moving to an area where COMCAST is not available. Can we use the snow bird option so we can access our email until we get a new provider?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 53 (14,111 Views)

Is there a seasonal billing option available for Minnesota subscribers? We are planning on being in Florida for several months and would like to put our service in Minnesota on hold while we are away.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 53 (12,690 Views)

11/25/14 I was told today that you call 877-424-2027 for snow bird service

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-30-2014 03:26 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 16 of 53 (12,523 Views)

[ Edited ]

We have been trying to go to comcast billing to get the information on vacation /snowbird mode  here in northern new jersey for the coming season.  we plan to go,  as we have for the last 20 years to Florida  and have to put our services on hold modes unti we return to NJ in the spring.  Every year it is a different story.   speaking to  a rep. just now   was told that i would have to pay close to $100.00  as there is no seasonal/snowbird mode here.  I only need to have the phone on (modem included) AS WE HAVE A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM   .Both the TV and the internet are not used or needed.  We turn in 2 DVR boxes to save on that charge, so for all intents and purposes there is no access  and no one in the house to watch it anyway.   Yet we cannot get a

decent reduced rate for the  time we are not here.

While in Florida we have Comcast services for all triple play  as well and do not have this problem/issue   of  billing.

I would really appreciate an answere to this recurring dilemma that we face.

Respectfully,

abc37

Posted by
Visitor

Message 17 of 53 (12,478 Views)

i was just told i could put my srevice on hold for 60 days

Posted by
Visitor

Message 18 of 53 (12,468 Views)

I talked with April of customer service this morning to also put my cable and internet service on seasonal hold.  I was informed that I could not put cable only on hold and keep the internet active.  Tthat was there policy on any type of holds.  

She came up with a plan to reduce my cable to basic service and lower the control box charges to the bare minimum, as we have HD boxes.   She also asked if I wanted the speeds reduced on the internet.  I told her no on the reduction of speed on the internet, but yes to all the other suggestions.  (We need the internet speed for other applications in our house.)  All in all this will save me close to $100 per month.  She even said any issue can get resolved with some effort.  And she did give it all in her effort to help me out.  Kudos to April.

I suggest you contact Xfinity ccustomer service to see if this can be done for you as well.

Good luck!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 19 of 53 (12,451 Views)

Thanks for the reply   but it seems that there is also a problem associated with the location we are in.  Why it is different in some areas and not others i have no idea.  Will keep trying to get thi rate down    as it is ridiculous to pay for not being or using the ervice or equipment.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 53 (10,864 Views)

I signed up for snowbird service with Comcast.  However, I noticed on my account they have it beginning on March 7, not April 6 , as I requested.  I called them to get it corrected and got the usual Comcast "runaround" .  Need I be concerned of them turning my service off too early.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 53 (9,625 Views)

how do we login to submit for seasonal billing

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 22 of 53 (9,621 Views)

I think this is what you're looking for-----------------

http://www.comcastflorida.com/seasonal/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 23 of 53 (9,590 Views)

Thank you Latoque! That is a great link to get the information needed for our seasonal package. I do want to add a little bit more information. This plan is designed for customers that will not occupy their seasonal residence for a minimum of 3 months; maximum 6 months between September 1, 2014 and April 30, 2015. The last day a customer can enroll is January 30, 2015.

If you need any future assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 24 of 53 (9,569 Views)

@ Comcastcares----------

Do you know if this service is available to people outside of Florida?  I've seen a couple of other folks asking about it in the forums.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 25 of 53 (9,560 Views)

Thanx for your info. Ready now to head back to new jersey and now must call Comcast to restart my service.
Hopefully it will go smoothly.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 26 of 53 (9,559 Views)

Latoque,

To apply a seasonal rate for other locations other than Florida, which is more commonly known as 'Snowbird' and you would need to get in touch with our Customer Solutions (Retention) team to be repackaged. Snowbirds may only suspend service once per year for 3 months. Not to exceed a maximum of 6 months, services will then roll to every day rates.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 27 of 53 (9,556 Views)

Getting ready to do that  but I need to reach customer service in my area as I need/want to add on more than than just triple play and so am looking for good deals for HD cable (premium channels  dvr  etc) .  It seems I wide up with outsourced people  and do not have same service as when I am in NJ directly.  Do you know numbers to call for direct NJ AREA  SERVICE/billing 

people..

Posted by
Visitor

Message 28 of 53 (9,551 Views)

Yes.  I was turned off on March 7, not April 6 as requested.  The customer service at Comcast is not good and most of their Customer Service Reps don't understand English.  You really have to get to an upper echelon person to get results.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 29 of 53 (9,538 Views)

gusgus37,

I am sorry that you are having trouble reaching someone. I have provided the telephone number for the New Jersey area :

1-877-973-1379. If you need any future assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 30 of 53 (9,528 Views)

illinik,

I am so sorry for the delay. I see that you have spoken with a representative already over the phone. Do you still need assistance with your billing concern?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 31 of 53 (9,528 Views)

Thank you so much for quick response. 

I will try that now

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 32 of 53 (9,527 Views)

Gusgus37,

No problem! If you need any future assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 33 of 53 (8,974 Views)

What is the snowbird department number for the state of Vermont?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 34 of 53 (8,960 Views)

Hello, Afjcaj.

To enroll, or for more information on our Seasonal Convenience Plan, call 1-855-711-7998. Please reply back if there is anything further I can do to assist you.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 35 of 53 (8,044 Views)

Last year I used the Seasonal Convenience Plan and it worked great.  But this year I have installed remotely controlled door locks as well as some cameras.  Is there a way to just put my tv on hold and lower my internet speed?  Or as previous posts suggested, do I need to go down to just a basic service for both and change when I get back?  How does Comcast still provide their own security/alarm systems to people on the Convenience Plan?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 36 of 53 (7,756 Views)

I apologize for the delayed response.  Xfinity Home Secure Control service can still be maintained if a customer's XFINITY Internet service is placed in Seasonal Suspend mode. This includes:

• Viewing live video
  • Accessing recorded video clips/photos
  • Upgrading TouchScreen
  • Accessing system remotely using the XFINITY Home Mobile app or Subscriber Portal

For Xfinity Home access to certain TouchScreen applications (such as Weather, Sports, News) requires full Internet connectivity and may not be available.

Seasonal rates apply for all services except for Xfinity Home services. I hope this helps.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 37 of 53 (4,798 Views)

The phone number posted for snow bird help 1-855-711-7998 is no longer a valid number.  Must call 888-934-6489 which is the typical xfinity customer assistance no. not geared for snowbird concerns.  The typical " never heard of that before" blank, void reply.  Like no other snow bird has ever called in about a seasonal info before.  I want to know if Tennessee has this plan... I have the Internet in TN but go to FL for the winter where I then double pay for hi speed internet service.  TN reps claim I can't suspend my service so I have to double pay for comcast for those mo.  Then we go to Maine for the summer.  So for 6 months out of the year we double pay and that works out to be over $150/mo which is totally too expensive on our measly. SSI.    IS THERE A WAY TO WORK AROUND THIS

Posted by
Visitor
Message 38 of 53 (4,781 Views)

I'm learning that I can not put my TN comcast internet ( $67/mo) plan on hold while we stay in Fla Jan-April.  Does anyone know if I can have it transferred to FL under the status of a "temporary move"??  It is hard to pay for 2 hi spd services at one time on SSI.  That's around  $135.00 mo x4 months.  When one of them is not being touched ...just flushing $260/ away.   There HAS to be a solution to this!  

Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care
  • Communication is Key. Way to go, keep it up. Congrats on 100 Replies!
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 39 of 53 (4,742 Views)

Hello Mizblondie,

At this time there is no Seasonal Convenience Plan or Snowbird Seasonal Suspend option in your area.  Also, there is no way to "temporarily" transfer service from one address to another.  While transferring service from one address to the next may be possible, there is no way to do this where our system would recognize it as temporary.  Also, just simply transferring between different markets can be tricky since not all markets use the same equipment, have the same billing schedules, or even have the same prices/packages.  I hope that answers your questions.  If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach back out to us.  We are happy to help.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 40 of 53 (3,290 Views)
Posted by
Visitor
Message 41 of 53 (3,078 Views)

Why can't I get a number or an internet route to put my service on seasonal hold?? The main menu does NOT have a seasonal hold option. It keeps throwing me back to the main menu!! Takes me about 2 1/2 hours every time I have to go thru this!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 42 of 53 (3,068 Views)

Sure would like to see an honest to goodness answer to this post..   If anyone looks, the only answers we get are non answers to this.  It is incredible that this is available only in certain areas.....in New Jersey  ...  Much turning on and off of signals etc. is done from the phone.....   What is so difficult about turning off service in that way.? It is done in many other areas of the Comast world,  why is it not all over?  

Posted by

Message 43 of 53 (3,033 Views)

thomasbecker934,

I see that you have spoken with a Representative regarding this issue. If you need to put your account on Seasonal Hold again, you will call and speak with our Retention Department. Do you still need assistance?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 44 of 53 (3,003 Views)

This is to ComcastKristy who posted yesterday to Thomasbecker 934 with regard to seasonal holds.  Advice was to call the "retention" department for that....   My question is what telephone number is that  reachable for the customer.?  And,also what part of the country does that apply to?

Thanks in advance for help.

gusgus37

Posted by

Message 45 of 53 (2,989 Views)

petecuicci35,

To put your account on Seasonal Hold, you will need to call 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278), and speak with our Retention Department. The Season Hold is not available in all areas, it is available in the Florida Region. You can enroll in the Seasonal Convenience Program at http://www.xfinity.com/floridaseasonal. To enroll:

1. Access the Seasonal Convenience Program home page. Click ENROLL FOR FREE.

1. The website will only accepts XFINITY username from customers in Florida. If a customer outside of Florida attempts to log into the Seasonal Convenience website, they will receive an error message.

1. The screen below appears after entering the XFINITY username and password. Within this screen select the Departure Date and Return Date. Click Continue.

1. Confirm the email address and the billing address.

1. Confirm the information captured. Click the Submit button to finalize the order.
    • Important Note: The services to be placed on seasonal suspend are not selected. The website assumes that all services are on the Seasonal Convenience Plan.

1. After clicking Submit the final confirmation screen is received.

1. An auto response email is sent to Seasonal Convenience Plan enrollees.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 46 of 53 (2,972 Views)

ok    I thank YOU  for the answers,  but herein lies the problem.  You addressed your answer to Petec35.   That is the account that  my husband and  I have in Florida,   He is the primary account holder, but he is not    gusgus37   who wrote to the forum initially   I I am authorized tfor this account.  We also have a New Jersey account, which is MY PRIMARY account...,.,.,.,.and is in my name, with petec 35 also authorized to use it.    How the two accounts, with two differing  billing names and addresses and two different acct. numbers get confused, I have no idea.   Anyway PLEASE TRY TO GET THAT CORRECTED.....  he is not a forum user and /or member  of the forum community.

Furthermore, I do not have an issue with seasonal hold in Florida.  That is done regularly with the folks there.  It is only here that no one seems to come up with a viable plan that works here.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 47 of 53 (1,505 Views)

We would like our triple play comcast services to be put on the vacation/snowbird plan from

Jan. 5, 2-15 to May 16, 2016

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 48 of 53 (1,472 Views)

Good luck with it. Location you are trying to suspend service from is the key. I try to do this every year. And every year it is the same hassle here in NJ.
Posted by
  • Communication is Key. Way to go, keep it up. Congrats on 100 Replies!
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 49 of 53 (1,420 Views)

Dear ellieace,

You can always go to http://www.comcastflorida.com/seasonal/ to put your services on Seasonal Hold. Also  remember that according to Comcast policy it is only available to an XFINITY customer who is a part-time resident in select markets in Heartland, Chicago, and Florida is eligible for the Seasonal Convenience Plan as long as their account is current, there are no outstanding charges and it has been at least 10 months since the start of their last seasonal enrollment. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 50 of 53 (626 Views)

where is the seasonal billing on comcast

-->