Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"phone number is not a valid phone number" error when trying to chat with customer support

New Poster

"phone number is not a valid phone number" error when trying to chat with customer support

I do not have a phone, and my only way to contact xfinity is through their online chat, which has never been a problem.

I am trying to chat with them today and I get all the VISIBLE fields filled out and click "start chat"
 Only to be told that "phone number is not a valid phone number" 

There is not a single place to enter a phone number. 

New Poster

Re: "phone number is not a valid phone number" error when trying to chat with customer sup

Exact same problem here.

New Poster

Re: "phone number is not a valid phone number" error when trying to chat with customer sup

same issue. any solution yet?

Official Employee

Re: "phone number is not a valid phone number" error when trying to chat with customer support

Hello all, I can assist you with your service questions and concerns as well as help you get your chat option fixed. Are you trying to chat with us via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit) or are you trying to initiate a chat on our website? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Same here!

Official Employee

Hi L777. We're sorry you're having trouble using our chat service. I can assist with your account and service related issues. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Same issue - Would really like to get my equipment running right so that I can USE what we are PAYING for...

Official Employee

Hello, I can assist you further from here if you would like. Would you mind if i look at your account?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

same issue here

New Poster

same here. it's been like this for months? wth?

New Poster

I need to chat with customer service, I've done it a million times,but now says invalid phone number,but no place to enter number, I need to make arrangements on my bill getting a extension
Official Employee

Hello all,

What option do you choose to start chat? "Sign in with your Comcast Username" or "Continue without logging"? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I’m having the same issue with my phone and email address. I can’t seem to PM you.

Official Employee

@DoughBoi723 - Please try again. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 13 in conversation