Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

neighborhood have agreed to cancel comcast xfinity service!!

Highlighted
New Poster

neighborhood have agreed to cancel comcast xfinity service!!

I have had basic cable and internet service with xfinity for a year. I've spent many days of that year calling about service issues. My bill remained around $70-75 for very basic cable and internet, which I felt was reasonable so I dealt with the service issues as they came because of the reasonable cost of service. However, I am very disturbed that after a year of service with xfinity, my bill more than tripled and the explanation was that it was due to my internet usage. Before I cancel service and send a formal complaint to the corporate offices. I'd like to attempt to get this resolved as I've just paid $316 for Internet and basic cable service. That is completely and utterly ridiculous. I've called and talked to account managers, billing reps, retention reps, and supervisors. I get transferred constantly and sometimes disconnected. It was never disclosed to me during my account creation that monthly service with xfinity only encompassed a certain amount of data like a cell phone plan. But even though this seems to be the case, I've worked from home since I've had the service and have not added any additional electronics etc. Why would my service go from the regular monthly payments to over $200 extra in internet overage charges? I feel like I'm being treated unfairly and robbed. Customer service is terrible and no one seems interested in helping. This forum is to let others know that this could happen to you. My townehome community residents have decided to switch companies as they've also experienced unreasonable increases on their bills as well. No one should have to pay $300 + for basic news channels and internet. Not with so many other competing companies. As a prior employee of comcast (years ago) and a current federal employee, I feel that I know enough to recognize some possible unethical practices regarding pricing processes within this company. I will not let this go and will take it as far as I need to.
Admin1

Re: neighborhood have agreed to cancel comcast xfinity service!!

Hello Kwashington,

I've reviewed your account to see and can confirm the charges are valid. I'm sending you a Private Message to discuss this further and explain where they come from .

You can click on my name (ComcastZach) and click on “Private Message Me”.

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

You people keep saying charges are valid but why wasn't I notified about this data plan I had from the beginning? Why have I not been offered alternatives to what I have to reduce my usage? Maybe if I was offered a reasonable digital cable and Internet package deal I would have less data usage due to less internet usage. Why have no one considered this? I'm still going to continue to express how dissatisfied I am with service because it is crappy service for an expensive price. Everyone in my neighborhood have some type of bill Increase. At least if I switch to any one of these other companies I can get internet/cable/phone for less than what you people offered to me. I know how you all operate as I've been there. I know that different "promotional" prices are offered to whomever a rep decides to offer it to. I've not been offered one since all of this billing mess to help me with this huge increase in my bill. See customer service is everything. You all want to say you owe me this money and I dont care that it's ridiculously high. You all don't even care about losing customers. I guess to work from home and watch Apple TV (since I have crappy cable) I have to pay $300 a month to comcast for internet usage? Please regardless of whether you all can rationalize legally that the charges are valid....I bet a lawyer can argue something different. I know it can't be ethical for you all to take advantage of people who do not have more than basic cable.
Service Expert

Make sure you ask whatever company you are switching to if it has a data cap and how they deal with overages.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Official Employee

Kwashington5-

Please understand that we are not here to take advantage of customers. We are here to provide you with a great customer service experience.  After researching your account, at this time no matter what level of service you obtain the internet usage will remain the same.  If you are the primary or self-managed secondary account holder, you can view your current usage and usage history by signing in to your Usage Meter Details page. You'll need to enter your Comcast ID and password. I am also sending you a private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Let me know if you do go any further with comcast and thier unethical practices I'm with you all the way !!!!!
Official Employee

jena514-

Is there something that I can assist you with?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation