New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

long time customer needs senior rate

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 6

looks like they removed my comments because i used caps  are they for real ?????

i see other customer ask for senior rate they do have  a program but telling one customer  not

in your area omg comcast is the worse , why not do something for seniors this company is the

pits they have  tons of money with their overkill on commericals but do nothing to make their customers

happy.... all they see is $$$$$ signs.  Very sad the way this company is run and all the lies that go on.

wake up ComCast one day you will be gone.

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 2 of 6

Although it's generally considered impolite to use all caps (it's hard to read), there can be good and valid reasons for doing so.  Vision problems, as an example;  not everyone has eagle eyes.  So if someone did remove your post, it was uncalled for and improper, particularly if there's a valid question.  Unfortunately, that's the new flavor of this forum now.

Have you called Comcast to inquire about a senior rate?  I think they're available regionally, and not everywhere.  If you did call, what did they say?

Highlighted
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 6

why should i call these people are the worse on the phone, i am venting here i thought i can get it cleared up better by posting online, someone who some sense can respond ???????????

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 6

Arlene08,

Senior rates are available, however there are requirements that must be met.  Those requirements are simple enough.  If you are getting any kind of discount on your services like a bundle discount or a loyalty discount, then a senior discount can not be applied.  Look on your bill, under your Bundles provided you are in one.  At the top of Page 2 of your statement is where your services are listed.  You will see the package you are in then to the right of that you will see the billing dates for your current statement, then to the right of that the EDP price (Every Day Price).  Then on the lines under that if you are receiving a bundle discount then unfortunately you do not qualify for a senior discount since your services are getting the bundle discount.  However if you are paying the EDP then you can call in and ask to be sent out a Senior Letter which will require some financial information and mail it in and see if you qualify.  The letter takes 7-10 to receive.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 6

Hello, ARLENE08. I can help review your account's billing for you. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me to send me a message verifying your full name, address, and the phone number associated with your account so I can assist. Thanks.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 6 of 6

FWIW, this customer was helped by ComcastZach after reviewing their account.  The customer has the lowest price available for their package.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon