Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

drop TV, keep BLAST

New Poster

drop TV, keep BLAST

My cable TV price just seems extremely high.  In comparing Xfinity to Directv Now and others, it's become very apparent I need to drop TV and just keep Blast. There's no easy option for me to do this online with my account, it appears.  Please advise as the customer service people usually say 1 thing, whereas my bills say another.  I want to do this online where I can see all details. Please help -- thanks!

New Poster

Re: drop TV, keep BLAST

to further follow up -- I just got off the horn with customer service -- and b/c I am "downgrading" , I am not eligible for basically the "good guy" pricing?  I've had Xfinity for 5 years at this address -- probably 15 years at prior address -- and mercy, every time you talk with these guys I'd swear I was shopping on a used car lot.  

The rep, who was a nice guy, thanked me for my years of service.  Great, "you're welcome Xfinity".  But then they play the game that because I'm "downgrading", I don't get the same deals as someone who just walks in off the street?  Even considering 20+ years of loyalty, if you can call it that , to Comcast -Xfinity?

Am I living in Bonkersville ???????  This is how you treat a loyal customer, Xfinity ??? 

Is anybody else sick of these low-brow negotiating tactics??  I'm outside of my contract  -- I'm going home from work tonight, packing up my DVR and worthless remote -- and dumping it at their local service center. 

New Poster

Couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said. I’ve never seen a company so outgoing screw over its client base like Xfinity/Comcast does. Plan on making a similar service switch in the near future.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have been downgrading my cable as well. Seems the more you downgrade the less help you get with issues. I've had issues with cable and internet. Been waiting months for a reply about an error message that noone can tell me what it means.  The service is not worth the price I pay. I must say though, they usually issue me a credit because of the crappy service

Official Employee

I can investigate this for you going forward. Would you like me to check your account for you?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation