Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

double charging for services that use data

Regular Visitor

double charging for services that use data

Just curious if anyone else has the same thoughts as I do on this issue?! I am concerned that we may be paying for the same things twice. It came up when I was trying to find out why I had such a high data usage one month, as it turned out it was because I spent more than a week binge watching every episode of a 7 season series on Netflix. So I am very careful to not overuse the Netflix anymore. The following month my usage again was high so I checked the list of data use items!

When I checked the list of things that use up my data I was surprised to find on the list among other things ... besides Netflix, was emails, facebook gameplay, on-demand programs, streaming, and many others things use data including if I recall anything watched in HD.

So here is my issue, I have a triple play package that includes highspeed internet, so I can do such things as play games on Facebook, or send and receive emails. My package has  X1 HD cable, in order to have the on-demand option available to me, to catch up or binge watch shows the package also includes free streaming then  I pay another amount for monthly Netflix subscription to watch things that on-demand doesn't have. But if I use the Netflix it counts in the data usage! 

If I am paying to have internet service why do these things count as part of my data TB allowance which is included in the price of my service? Aren't I being charged for these things under two different categories at the same time?  I am not only charged to have the service but then I am charged to use the service?!

Comcast's reasoning behind the sudden change to charge for excessive data use is to bill more fairly to those who use less, but if that is the case how about discounting my cable for all those channels I am stuck with that I will never watch or reducing my  bill  for the up to 5 mobile  phone lines included in my package that I do not utilize? there is definitely something fishy about the billing process involved in the TB data plan!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation