Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

comcast filed a false item on my credit report

New Poster

comcast filed a false item on my credit report

Can anyone help me? My daughter is in the process of buying her first house.She is 60 days away from closing. Thursday afternoon, her mortgage company pulled her credit report for a 2nd time. Her report in Nov had no mention of any deliquencies. Her March credit report now shows that Comcast has sent her account to collections.  She has not been a Comcast customer for almost 2 years. after she cancelled her account and returned her equipment, Comcast attempted to get her to pay $95 for an early termination fee. She called customer service and they agreed that as a college student she should not have had a 2 year contract. They also  noted that she was 6 weeks shy of her 2 yr committment.  The representative said that she would bring the account to $0 and remove the early termination fee.  That was the last communication she every had with Comcast.  No bills, no letters, no phone calls...nothing about her account being in arrears.  Until this credit report.

On Thursday she spent over an hour on the phone with a supervisor in the billing department. He easily found the notes and the reference number of this 2016 conversation.  The notes match her recollections. The early term fee was removed. The agent considered the phone call 'resolved'. Steven (the rep) stated that he had no idea why this instruction to remove the early term fee was not followed thru all the way and removed from her account. He stated that the reason the account is in collections is in fact because of this early term fee that should have been removed in 2016. He has opened a dispute but was unable to contact the collection side of Comcast.  In order to not lose her mortgage she has to 1-provide a letter from comcast that they are at fault and that the collection attempt was incorrect; 2- get this false deliquency off of her collection REPORTS (all 3 agencies are reporting this as of March 2018). I requested the letter from Comcast, noting their error and was told that the only way I could receive such a notice is by court order. That seems completely unfair as she is the victim of Comcast and their customer service people not following through with their job. 

She knows she has a fight ahead of her, but she only has 60 days to get this resolved. This is not her fault. She was told she didn't have to pay it. She was told the account wouldbe taken to $0. She was never notified in the past 18 months that this item was still on her account so that she could work to further resolve it, or so she could pay it, if that was the only way to resolve it.

Can anyone help me to help my daughter?

comcast acct # **************

ref #***********

<EDITED for violating Forum Guidelines - Posting Personal Information>

Official Employee

Re: comcast filed a false item on my credit report

Hello julie501. I can assist with checking on the status/escalating the Collections Report posted to your daughters account, if you are listed on her account as authorized to discuss details. Please send me a private message and include your full name, your daughters full name, the service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation