Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

cancel/modify services impossible online or by phone

Regular Visitor

cancel/modify services impossible online or by phone

Hi, I woke up this morning to a comcast bill that was over $40 higher than the "promotional" price I agreed to when upgrading to Xfinity services. This is absurd - a few dollars for tax and fees is one thing, but I own my own equipment, so all these other fees, some as high as $18 are beyond the pale. So I signed in to my account to change my service. Well apparently, I can't do that any more - that last 3 times I needed to change service, I was conveniently offered to chat with someone online, who was able to resolve the issue for me. Now, I just get "I'm sorry, it looks like you have to call this number to do anything to your account." I called the number, entered my phone number, and was hung up on "Comcast doesn't service your area." What the heck? Try again. "Comcast doesn't serve your area, goodbye - click." Now I'm getting angry. I wake up christmas eve to a present of a large increase in my bill without notice, and when I try to resolve it, I'm hung up on by a machine. I searched for another number to call, and tried again, this time when I called the robot thinks I'm at a different address as soon as it answers. Never been at that adress. So I enter my VOIP phone number, and apparently "Comcast doesn't serve your area, good bye." 4th call, almost a half hour into this excercise, and this time I enter my account number. Finally, the robots realize that I am in fact a comcast customer. But of course, I have to call back during business hours, goodbye. 

Really? I get a suprise bill, fight with robots to get them to understand that I actually exist for over half an hour, and the solution is that I have to wait? So I call again this time to disconnect my services, and when I get to the menu to do that, I'm back to not existng and being hung up on.

I need to either cut my services to below $100/month all taxes included, or cancel. And I need to do it today. No service is worth this hassle. Comcast reps, looking forward seeing your responses. - A customer since 1999.

Official Employee

Re: cancel/modify services impossible online or by phone

Hello @raz0rama. We're sorry you had so much trouble trying to reach us. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your financial needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation