Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Couldn't Provide Service

New Poster

Xfinity Couldn't Provide Service

Should I be charged an ETF when they couldn’t provide service? My speeds were between 0.01 - 3.87mbps down when I was paying for 60mbps down. i called in over 40 times and finally after swapping my box out 4 times and having 6 techs come out and temporally fix the problem they told me nothing else they could do and that I can cancel service or get my own box. so i spent over $100 for a new box and it worked for about a month and went back to not working. so I canceled service and now I’m charged $70 ETF. anything in the contract that says if they can’t provide me service I won’t need to pay an ETF? 

zzzzz.png
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Couldn't Provide Service

tyreno91,

I was able to use your email address to check your past trouble call history. Based on the fact that there had only been 3 completed tech visits at your address and you canceled the services before the contract expired the ETF's are valid. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation