Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why am I being charged $10 going over month cap when I'm supposed to have 2 courtesy months?

Regular Visitor

Why am I being charged $10 going over month cap when I'm supposed to have 2 courtesy months?

Hi,

Just got text alert as well as see online on my account that I've been charged $10 for going over the monthly cap and it will be reflected in my next bill. However I've never gone over the monthly cap before and just yesterday saw that I had two courtesy months left as I've never used it. So my question is why am I seeing this message or is that message just there automatically however I actually won't be charged as I still have two courtesy months which I never used? Can someone from Comcast please confirm?

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Re: Why am I being charged $10 going over month cap when I'm supposed to have 2 courtesy months?

Guess based on this link from Comcast website,  if I am charged, I should also be credited on the next billing cycle. Guess I'll find out soon:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-exceed-usage

Official Employee

Re: Why am I being charged $10 going over month cap when I'm supposed to have 2 courtesy months?

Hello lmaster. I can assist with reviewing your account and your data usage courtesy months.  Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

@ComcastJoeTru wrote:

Hello lmaster. I can assist with reviewing your account and your data usage courtesy months.  Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

PM sent.

Official Employee

@lmaster. I've received and responded to your PM. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation