Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Website pulling unauthorized billing info?

New Poster

Website pulling unauthorized billing info?

I logged in to pay my bill today - as I've done for many months - and was stunned to see a credit card listed as my default payment option.

The thing is....I only got this credit card two days ago.  I have only used it to log into the credit card's site and activate it.  I do not "save" cards on my computer, ever.

I'm not naive enough to believe that just because I didn't actively save something that the data isn't stored somewhere on my computer, but I am concerned about this data being pulled off my computer by Xfinity and imported to use as my *default* payment info....

Honestly, I'm pretty sure this has happened before - I've logged on going, "I don't recall entering that payment method", but I might have within the last month.  But this time I'm sure I did not enter the information.  I'm really concerned about this.

Official Employee

Re: Website pulling unauthorized billing info?

Hi, Kylemac - We don't have any access to your bank information as well as to any other information you enter online. When did you set up your last payment? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation