Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

We encountered an error with your billing email

New Poster

We encountered an error with your billing email

The last 2 months I have received an email ostensibly from Xfinity saying that they encountered an error with my billing that day.

The first attempt was made on Feb 2 2018 and the second on Mar 2 2018.

I do not have autopay set up and if I did, it would not be at the beginning of the month -- that's mortgage payment time.

Has anyone experienced these emails ?

The return address appears as  BILLING and the email address behind it is 'secure@secure.net'

Anyone ?

Tags (2)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: We encountered an error with your billing email

It is most likely a phishing email, a scammer attempt to steal login and account information. You can check suspicious messages with Comcast's Xfinity Connect webmail: look for the XFINITY Verified Email logo next to any message that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email).

Please see Comcast Email Phish or Legit? How to Tell (and rules for posting) for more information about identifying, reporting, and posting phishing emails. The article is somewhat out of date, but still useful.

Samples of recent phishing messages can be found at http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/alerts under "Top Phishing Scams".

Official Employee

Re: We encountered an error with your billing email

Hello, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation