Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Was told will be waived Installation fee but received a 100$ bill post installation

ANSWERED
New Poster

Was told will be waived Installation fee but received a 100$ bill post installation

Hello,

I spoke to an agent in Feb 2018 who explained me the xfinity home features and told me that since there is an online offer going on, I would be waived the installation fee of 100$. She also put in a call to Xfinity security installation department and spoke to them regarding waiving the installation fee. 

My home security system was installed in March and in April I was billed a 99.99$ along with the usual monthly bill. 

I called up a customer service rep today and he said that the previous agent did not leave any notes regarding waiving the installation fee and offered me a 15$ credit. 15$ credit for a 100$ fraudulent charge is not acceptable. 

After a discussion that lasted 30 minutes, I am finally offered a credit of 69.99$. While I settled for it, I want to make sure that the reason, my waiver didnt go thru because the agent didnt leave notes and the last supervisor I spoke to asked me if I made sure that the offer was from a supervisor and not an agent? 

Just putting my experience out here for everyone to know. Please make sure you have proof that the installation fee has been truly waived by xfinity when you place an order fortheir products. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Was told will be waived Installation fee but received a 100$ bill post installation

Hi, Chicago5 - My apologies for your experience. I can investigate your concern regarding the installation fee and see if I can credit the remaining $30.01. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Was told will be waived Installation fee but received a 100$ bill post installation

Hi, Chicago5 - My apologies for your experience. I can investigate your concern regarding the installation fee and see if I can credit the remaining $30.01. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The issue has been resolved and I am provided with a refund. 

Thank you!

Official Employee

@Chicago5 - I'm glad I was able to help. Feel free to reach me at any time.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation