Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unlimited Data - What a scam!

New Poster

Unlimited Data - What a scam!

I have been a customer of Comcast for over 10yrs, and every now and then I wonder why I still continue to use them! I live in California where they implemented data caps on the home Internet in July 2017. But I use a lot of data for my home business, and I have been consistently getting charged the extra $200/month for going over the data caps. I have called their Customer Service and visited the Store in Concord, CA multiple times over the past 6months and they have never mentioned an Unlimited Data option.

Today, I got tired of being charged more than $275/month for just Internet. Come to find out, the agent "Well there is an Unlimited Data option you know.". So I challenged and said how come the store doesnt know about this, "Well I cant speak about the store, but you should have known about it!". Are you kidding me??? Me as the consumer should have know about it, when the store has been telling me there is no such thing. I escalate to a supervisor "We can offer you a courtesy $100 credit, and we dont have to do that either". What kind of a company is this where they need my overage charges so bad, and its due to their employees being misinformed!

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am documenting everything and plan to take it to the BBB.

Official Employee

Re: Unlimited Data - What a scam!

sherlock_123, sorry for that experience. The unlimited data option came out a little bit later, after the data usage plans were implemented. If you'd like assistance in adding the feature, let me know. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I appreciate you responding, but at this point I could have saved $150/month x 6months ($200 overage minus $50 unlimited data option) if only the Comcast employees knew what was going on. I was able to add the option a few days ago when I finally got an informed employee. But that doesnt fix the fact that I am out $900 because Comcast employees need better training! So, are you able to help me get some sort of credits to cover my overages? Because I would rather resolve this matter in this manner versus going to the BBB.

Arjun

Official Employee

Hi sherlock_123, 

Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide credits for the data overages. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation