Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unfair dishonest billing

Frequent Visitor

Unfair dishonest billing

This time I'm reporting Comcast to the FCC. I've written about this before and still I've got about $50 in late charges that never go down because I keep getting a late charge added to those late charges. This is ridiculous, I am so frustrated with getting charged late fees on late fees. I've been with Comcast a long time and a late charge used to be $5, then a few years back It changed to $10. This amount is too high, I could recover from a couple months of being a bit behind on my payments, but paying $10 every time I don't make a complete payment, I can't. To make matters worse, apparently the late charge goes on even before the bill is due.
Several months ago I had to go into the service center for the annoying annual increase of my internet service. I never remember exactly when my service plan is going to expire, so I always end up with at least 1 high bill before I catch the change (I'm sure you've all experienced this before). Well, when you're on a really strict budget getting a bill pretty much double to what you've been paying takes a while to recover from, So I've been making partial payments. Usually I'm paying my current bill amount plus some extra toward my bill each month, trying catch up, but it never shows I'm caught up because of all the late charges I keep getting. I've been caught up on the original and current balance for several months now minus the late charges, my strict budget does not allow for more than I'm paying. Now because of late charges being accumulated on my account I'll never be caught up and I'm paying a late charge on my late charges. Just another reason I wish I had some alternative to Xfinity for internet service, one that doesn't have you go through all this hassle every so often depending on your plan terms. At the very least they should send you a reminder of your current plan ending. They purposely know you won't catch it and they'll get much more money out of you for already overpriced services!
Official Employee

Re: Unfair dishonest billing

Hi nineve66, 

Sorry for the experience you're having while trying to catch back up on your bill. Depending on how overdue a payment is, late fees may be charged or service could be interrupted or disconnected. Although I won't be able to apply credits toward any late fees, I'd be more than happy to review your account to see if there's anything I can do about lowering your monthly rate for the same level of services that you do currently have.  If interested, please verify your first and last name, full street address, the phone number or account number associated with your current services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation