Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unethically charged $70 for the Technician Visit !

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Hello,

This is regarding the $70 technician visit charge that I was charged.

I have been having poor internet connection since the month of December 2016. The Comcast customer support team tried everything but failed to remedy the problem remotely. Then they sent a technician to my home for repairs, without informing me that there is a charge involved for the visit.

The technician somewhat improved the situation but was not able to resolve the issue completely. Now, in the billing for the month of March, I have been charged $70 for a problem that still exists! Flummoxed with this I did talk to the customer care, but to no avail.

Now, let me put this straight in the following points: -

1. Comcast, you are charging the customer for your own incompetence.

1. It was not mentioned to me that there are charges for technician visits for repairing their own device/service - and for no fault of us, the customers.

1. If I had known before the technician visit that I will be charged $70 for rectifying a problem with Comcast devices, I would have surely discontinued the services. All equipment including modem & WiFi router is Comcast's and initial installation was done was Comcast personnel.

1. Lastly, the issue still remains, and I am charged $70 for the visit that accomplished nothing.

This act of Comcast has made me highly dissatisfied with the services and policies that the company holds towards its loyal customers. If such hidden and deceiving pricing strategy is followed with Xfinity, I will look for alternative service providers. 

Thanks & regards,

Shaurakar Das

1 REPLY
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 2

Hello dinky206,

Thank you for posting! I have sent you a private message to discuss this further. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon