Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Trying to downgrade service to no avail.

ANSWERED
Contributor

Trying to downgrade service to no avail.

Hello. I have been with comcast since 2014. Late last year, I received a call for a promotion involving a higher speed tier plus TV. The issue is, I run linux, and therefore, cannot stream Xfinity, or HBO, which is the package I wass on. I was told at the time by the sales rep that he would send me out a free TV box with the stream promotion so that I could watch streaming content on the tv instead of the computer. Of course, it didn't work out that way. 

So, earlier today, I talked to another CSR, who put me into a promotion for the TV box and stream, as well as 100 M internet. The internet I am fine with, but the stream absolutely looks like garbage on my tv, and will no longer stream HD content, either from the stream or on regular channels. Plus, they included starz which has no deal with xffinity on streaming content from them, whereas cinemax, which was also offered, would allow me to sign in and view content. Whether or not this actually works on Linux, I cannot say. 

I am really not too happy with the TV service that I received at the promotional rate, but there doesn't seem to be any pathway that would get me back to Internet only at a reasonable price. So, I am lost as to what to do. I have an outdoor antenna, and receive HD channels fine from broadcast tv, way better than cable, and the SD content that does stream from streampix looks bad as well. 

IS there any other package I can get into that might work better for me? I would be happy to downgrade my internet service just to be able to pay for that alone, and go with a service provider like amazon or netflix that does work with my computer, and my blu ray. It doesn't really make sense to me to try and do something with a system that's incompatible with the gear that I have. I own my own equipment, and could get along fine without a tv package, but, no one seems to want to offer me anything. Is there any help for me?  

Accepted Solution

Re: Trying to downgrade service to no avail.

I ended up going into the corporate store locally, and hey were able to complete my order. My connection has been downgraded and all is good, Thanks for the help. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I sent you a private message a little bit ago. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.

Work and busyness. Hope to hear back from you.  

Contributor

I still haven't seen anything back from you. I realize I have been busy, and I did get a message, but haven't heard back since my last reply?

Official Employee

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I ended up going into the corporate store locally, and hey were able to complete my order. My connection has been downgraded and all is good, Thanks for the help. 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation