Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Trying to charge me for my own modem AGAIN!!

New Poster

Trying to charge me for my own modem AGAIN!!

Comcast has repeatedly tried to charge me for my modem during the first couple years of service. Every time I call they would apologize and remove the rental fee. This has happened so many times I lost count. Now I call the representive she says the mac id listed is their modem. I bought it in 2014 and thought I wouldn’t have the receipt. But I do and found it today. So now she wants me to spend my time and gas going to their offices to fix this dispute. I have three kids ranging from 7yrs to 10 months. Which two are sick at the moment. I have a hard time going to the bathroom let alone to a Comcast office to fix their mistake. I would switch my internet provider in a heartbeat just like I did with my tv service if there was an competitor in the area. This company by far has the worst customer service.
Official Employee

Re: Trying to charge me for my own modem AGAIN!!

Hi AngelaPolak, 

I'm sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get this resolved. I'd like to research your equipment and see if we can get this resolved once and for all. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation