members

online now

discussions

The Non-loyalty program

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The Non-loyalty program

I've read other posts about a loyalty program..  I have had a 90 minute chat session online that took me in circles.

I start my chat by saying I would like to get a better deal, as my promotional offer has ended (btw, when I signed up for it, I asked 'what happens in two years when this expires?', they say 'just call us & we will sign you up for a new one!'.  Sure. A year later, here I am..)

Instead of offering me something better..  he begins with offering me 'voice service' that I do not want, at the same pricepoint. 

No thanks.. what else?

Then he offers to reduce my cable by 100 channels, remove my DVR & HD service (and add that darn voice service again) and is proud to say that will save me $40/mo.

Sure.  I get the concept that if I am shopping & have fewer items in my cart, that my bill will be reduced. It's not a deal... it's buying less. 

I can save 100%, if I cancel. That's not helpful.

I asked why he did not offer the $65 plan I see on the homepage, after I log out.

Then it became a mystery to him.. he was just not seeing that deal anywhere..  wow..  Like I found a magic webpage.

So, they want me to call the 800 number..  the chat is easier to day during my work hours.. I will have to find time to call, unless someone here can PM me.

I'm thinking of reducing to internet only, and moving on for TV service.. 

Anyone else have success with this plan?

I've been at my new address for 3 years, but had Comcast going back to 2003.. 

I feel like Comcast is doing well because so many of us are not willing to go through the inconvienience of replacing them. That's going to change with the new streaming services being offered.. you just download an App & you're good to go.

Accepted Solution

Re: The Non-loyalty program

Thanks for sending me the private message @707ryan. Glad we were able to get you into a package that fits you better. 

Don't hesitate to create a new post if you need anything else.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Thanks for sending me the private message @707ryan. Glad we were able to get you into a package that fits you better. 

Don't hesitate to create a new post if you need anything else.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for finding the X1 Starter Double Play: 2 Year Agreement required for $89.99 per month for 24 months, with $50 Prepaid Card.

I appreciate that you were able to find an offer that the Chat folks were not able to!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation