Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Technician visit charge with no notice

New Poster

Technician visit charge with no notice

Moved to a new place and needed to get an internet service. When setting it up myself, had an issue with connection and had to call for help. They said they will have to send the technician to find out the issue, so made an appointment. The month after the visit, I see a surprise bill for tech visit....  THEY NEVER TOLD ME ANYTHING ABOUT THE $60 DOLLAR CHARGE!! 

Since it was a charge that I was never aware of, I called and complained about it. They took off $10 late fee but didn't bother taking off the visit charge. 

Can't believe the customer service lady never bothered to tell me about the charge.  

JUST GO TO OTHER PROVIDER. COMCAST IS SHADY. AGAIN, PLEASE GO TO OTHER PROVIDERS. 

Official Employee

Re: Technician visit charge with no notice

Hi abcd6, apologies for the inconvenience, when our technicians visit the home for an installation, there is a flat fee associated with the visit. The flat fee covers any work the technician may need to complete in order to ensure your services are working properly. 

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Technician visit charge with no notice