New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Shopping for current deals in my area

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I haven't been able to get a straight answer on this via online chat or the phone, so let's try another medium:

My (reasonable) 2-year contract rate just ended, which means my bill went up by $40+ this month. This seems like a good time to shop around for a better deal. I can easily find out what deals are available for other ISP and TV providers in my area. I would like to know the best price that Comcast can give me to convince me to stay with them. Instead, I've now gotten the runaround twice via online chat and phone support. On the phone today, the rep gave me a "better" deal, but looking at the rates in black and white tonight I see that really all she did was cancel my formerly free HBO and downgrade my cable service for an actual savings of $5. This is not a deal.

Comcast, I'm giving you one last chance before giving up - why should I stay with you? What are your actual available package deals for my area?

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 2 of 5

Hello SFbay_eftw,

I apologize for the inconvenience you have described. We would certainly not like to lose you as a valued customer. I have sent you a private message with a promotional offer for your previous level of service. To view your private messages, please click the envelop with the red number next to it, located in the top right of this page. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 5

After some initial help, "ComcastCurtiss" seems to have deserted me. Anyone else at Comcast interested in keeping me as a customer? Anyone? Anyone?

Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 4 of 5
Solution

Hello SFbay_eftw,

I apologize for the delay in response, ComcastCurtiss is currently out of the office. However, I can definitely assist you with the new offer you were quoted. Please let me know the effective date you would like for this change to occur.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 5

ComcastSheoneka, thank you for helping me get the deal I wanted in the end.

It still frustrates me to no end how hard it was to get what I wanted from Comcast in this process, and this is one of many reasons your customers are so dissatisfied. I contacted your support via 4 different channels: online live chat, phone, Twitter, and this forum. I was quoted completely different rates and contract options for the same services in each of those channels. Should customers really have to shop around *within* your company? This seems kind of insane.