Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Service never hooked up, charged anyway

New Poster

Service never hooked up, charged anyway

I am trying one last time to get this taken care of without filing a report with the state, or a small claims suit.

In April of last year, I tried to get basic internet hooked up at my address.  Six different technicians came out over the course of a month and were unable to hook it up because if a problem out at the pole.  They did things like lie to their dispatcher and say the job was completed, or left cable stretched across my driveway which I had to bury myself.  

The service was NEVER connected.  If you check my data usage, you will see that it was absolute zero for the entire time the account was open, because your technicians were consistently unable to hook up the internet for which I am being charged.  That is a matter of record, as are all the service calls.  I tried to cancel several times.  The first time, after a month, I was told they would try one more time and credit my account $100 for five months, which never happened.  I never received that credit, or the charge wouldn't be $150.  I had my own modem, so there should be no equipment charge.

When I then tried to cancel my account again, I was told it couldn't be closed because there were pending charges.  I said I would not pay for services I never  recieved.  It was finally closed in December, I believe.  It is now in collections and is on my credit report, causing me hardship and financial damages. 

I want this charge completely erased and the collection taken off my credit report immediately.
Service Expert

Re: Service never hooked up, charged anyway

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Service never hooked up, charged anyway

Hi noname10, I can assist you with getting this straightened out. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation