Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Service fee for Comcast equipment problem?!! Extremely upset

New Poster

Service fee for Comcast equipment problem?!! Extremely upset

I have been a Comcast customer since May and when installed all rooms connected to main box in living room. Anytime that box is out all others are as well. Past 6 months box will reboot over and over then won’t connect. Several calls to tech support to which they have to remote in. Late last month box shut off and wouldn’t come back then stays in constant cycle of rebooting. Call tech support they try resetting remotely and determined that there was nothing they could do...of course! “Ma’am we need to send a tech out”. Then she tells me if it’s a Comcast equipment issue you WILL NOT BE CHARGED. No cable for 4-5 days because tech can’t come until Monday. I leave work early to meet the tech and they never showed. I had to call to which they dispatched whoever, then I get told “so sorry tech isn’t coming. Need to reschedule you”. Now at this point let me point out its the week of thanksgiving.

New appointment is now Wednesday. Someone stays home from work again. Tech comes and determines that it’s the box. Replaces box and cord and plug it into new outlet.

I get the monthly bill and now I have to pay $60 for his visit when it’s YOUR equipment?!! Then billing tells me that “oh you could have taken it to a Comcast center for free”. REALLY?!! Option never given to me!!!

For what you pay in cable, internet and alarm system this is totally unfair!! To be told this is the solution and there isn’t anything you can do.

And can i restate that tech support tells you that you won’t pay if it’s their equipment. That is a LIE!! Your customer agents she give the free option first and up front. And your billing supervisors reading from some paper telling you it’s policy.

Very disappointed, upset customer considering alternate service.
Official Employee

Re: Service fee for Comcast equipment problem?!! Extremely upset

Hi Acummings2757,

Sorry for the experience you've received while trying to get your service issues resolved. If it is determined the cause of your problem was our equipment, you should not be charged for the tech visit. I would like to review your account to see how I can make this right. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation