Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Service charge to remove a physical block put in place by comcast

New Poster

Service charge to remove a physical block put in place by comcast

I recently added internet to my television package. I went to a comcast location and picked up the self install kit. I followed the directions no internet signal but T.V. working fine. I called comcast and they said that a technician would have to come out and I would be charged a 60$ service fee. I had no choice if I wanted internet. The technician arived on time. Was friendly and polite. He did some work on the outside of my house, made sure the internet and T.V. were working before he left. When I asked him what the issues were, he said that comcast had put a physical whip to block the internet, once he removed that whip internet was working perfectly. I called comcast support a few days later and asked to be refunded the 60$ as it was a block put in place by Comcast. I talked with Atis I.D. 6XZ. He told me that it didnt matter that comcast had put the block in place, he didnt bother to look up the technicians notes, he told me that 60$ was nothing and that the physical block didnt exist. That because a technician had been sent out, I was going to be charged. This is extortion plane and simple.

Official Employee

Re: Service charge to remove a physical block put in place by comcast

Hi comusernamecast, I will gladly look into this charge further for you.  Could you please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Service charge to remove a physical block put in place by comcast

Hi Comusernamecast, thank you for working with me via private message.  Please reach back out here if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation