Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Service Fee charged for faulty equipment

New Poster

Service Fee charged for faulty equipment

I opened a cable/internet account 2/10/18.  On 3/16/18 my cable stopped working.  I called support and after trying to solve the problem, they finally determined the signal was not being received by the cable box and they said they would send a service technician to my house.  I WAS NOT told I would be charged a $60.00 service fee.  The service technician arrived and could not figure out what the problem was -- he replaced the box; replaced inside wires; looked at the equipment in the attick.  After a couple of calls to I'm assuming his supervisor, the service tecnician said he didn't know what was wrong and would have to have someone else come out several days later.  After expressing disappointment with his decision and suggesting he check the equipment in the box on the outside pole, he reluctantly agreed.  Upon doing so, he discoverrd the wires/equipment installed just 34 days earlier was defective.  At our suggestion, and with our neighbor's consent, he used a splitter to tie us into our neighbor's equipment, and a few days later our faulty wires/equipment was replaced.  I just received a copy of my bill and discovered the $60.00 service fee.  I called customer service and spoke with the first representative, her supervisor, and eventually a manager.  All three read from the same script and told me that because I hadn't purchased insurance and since my problems arose more than 30 days from the start of the 2 year contract, I was responsible for the service fee and they continuously referred me to my completely one sided Comcast agreement.  Although it took at least 5 times of asking the same simple yes or no question, the manager admitted I should have been advised of the $60.00 fee before the service technician was sent; but he still reiterated Comcast's policy not to waive the fee even though the problem was either Comcast's faulty equipment or faulty instalation.  I am amazed that a multi-million dollar company would insist policy prevents waiving a fee charged for Comcast's poor performance.  I am hoping common sense -  or good old fashion customer relations -- will prevail and the full $60.00 fee will be waived and that I will not get another offer to delete $20.00 as compensation for the lost service.

Official Employee

Re: Service Fee charged for faulty equipment

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation