Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Self-service discount upcharge

New Poster

Self-service discount upcharge

I have been a Comcast/Xfinity user for a number of years but only for WiFi.  Last February I enrolled in a video package and did so over the phone with an agent of Comcast.  I chose the $89.00 package.  There was no mention of having to enroll in eco bills or automatic payment but I have always done the eco bill so I did do that immediately.  Never was I told that I "had" to enroll in automatic payment.  I wouldn't have taken that package if I had been told because I need to manage when payments are made since I am on a fixed income.  I also have never been late with a payment.

Now I received letter stating that a $45.00+ charge would be added to my next bill.  I have read my service contract and nothing is mentioned in there about haveing to do automatic payments.  I cannot afford an added $45.00.  I have basic service because it is just two of us.  My bill has already gone up $10.00+ dollars over the year with no notice from Comcast and this new charge is rediculous.

If I cannot get this straightened out then I will cancel service.

Official Employee

Re: Self-service discount upcharge

Hi @cruzingal

Sorry for the late reply. I would like to review your account and service agreement to see how we can make this right. In order to do so, can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I agree, nothing was ever mentioned about automatic payments, only the eco bill. Very misleading.

Official Employee

Hi boatdrinxs, 

Thanks for reaching out. If you are in an area or a promotion that included this discount it would be communicated in your service agreement. If you'd like, I can review your account to confirm whether or not this applies to you. Can you verify your account info in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I would love to reply to you in a PM but when I click on your name and the PM it throws me right back into the begining  of the Forums.

Official Employee

Sorry for the inconvenience @cruzingal. Your username should now be enabled to send private messages. Can you try again? I'd be happy to help. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation