Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Seeking Help for my Senior Mother. She needs help figuring out how to lower her bill

Regular Visitor

Seeking Help for my Senior Mother. She needs help figuring out how to lower her bill

I'm trying to find a way to help my 72-year-old mother.  She's on a very low fixed income and has been a loyal customer for quite some time.  She's currently paying around $138 plus a $10 late fee almost every month as she can't pay the full amount when it's due.  She currently has a triple play package that gives her way more channels than she needs.  I believe we could lower her bandwidth speed as well if that's an option.  I've heard of things like senior discounts or Internet Essentials plans but have been told by customer service that she doesn't qualify because she's a current customer.  That doesn't make sense to me, shouldn't you be treating your existing customers better than the potential ones.  I saw one plan that came with 10 channels if those include her local channels that's probably all she needs.  I recently paid for her to have Netflix so as long as she has enough bandwidth to play that she should be fine.  Looking at her account it looks like she's been paying like an extra $8/month for local sports, which I'm sure she's never asked for or watched.  If we can't get her account changed I'm going to have to cancel her service and look elsewhere.  If we can get her on some sort of very reduced plan, I'd like to set it up so I can pay for it.  That way I'll add the auto pay if there is a discount and paperless billing.

Admin1

Re: Seeking Help for my Senior Mother. She needs help figuring out how to lower her bill

Hi s_werdon -- I can help with your mother's account. I received your PM with all of her information. I did not see you authorized on her account though. Would she be able to authorize you so we can work with you directly please?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation