Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

SUDDENLY getting charged for Regional Sports Fee! Anyone else?

New Poster

SUDDENLY getting charged for Regional Sports Fee! Anyone else?

Anyone else SUDDENLY (after 11 months of service!!!) getting charged the Regional Sports Fee? What a Rip Off!

Frequent Visitor

Re: SUDDENLY getting charged for Regional Sports Fee! Anyone else?

Yep.  Just got new service last month.  Was told my bill would be $88 a month for 2 years.  Logged in today to pay my bill and see $116.72, $5 of that is regional sports.  I don't watch sports, ever.  A $28 bump up second month into a 2 year double play contract, this is really encouraging ... not.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Yes, getting the $5 regional sports fee, and even more ridiculous the $7 broadcast tv fee. Really! I have an antenna on back of tv, can get all the broadcast tv in HD free just by changing input on tv. That fee better come off immediately or our 10 year relationship is over!

Cable Expert

mnbvcxjhgfd wrote:

Yes, getting the $5 regional sports fee, and even more ridiculous the $7 broadcast tv fee. Really! I have an antenna on back of tv, can get all the broadcast tv in HD free just by changing input on tv. That fee better come off immediately or our 10 year relationship is over!

If you have Starter TV service and up you get the Sports fee. Everyone with TV service gets the Broadcast TV fee. It's a way of keeping the base price of TV packages low so they seem less expensive. Comcast is just passing on the cost of doing business directly to its customers. It's a dirty trick IMHO - Equally as bad as that ridiculous HD technology fee. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have a $10 sports fee added to my bill which i did not authorize ( I do NOT watch sports)  I have a question... Since i did not agree to this charge (nor was i advised beforehand) does this void my contract with Comcast so that if i decide to move back to internet only there are no early term fees applied?  You did change the terms of the contract without my consent after all.

New Poster

i believe the early termination fee only applies if you cancel all services. i seen on their website, and asked a rep and they said downgrading will not cause an early termination. only if all services are cancelled. this is from the website...."Early termination fee applies if all Xfinity services (except for Xfinity Mobile) are cancelled during the agreement term". and i dont know if downgrading to interney only will get you away from the regional sports fee and the broadcast tv fee. i just downgraded to internet only, and both those charges are still on my bill. just spent 30 minutes in live chat trying to make sense of the internet only bill, and all they could tell me was wait 24-48 hours to see if my acount would update.

Official Employee

Hello, the Sports fee and Broadcast fees will be charged if you have TV service, and the fees can change at any time as it is not part of the base terms. As for an early termination fee, you would only be charged if completely disconnecting your service if still under contract. So you would be able to downgrade at any time with no fees. If you have internet only, you will not have these fees since there is no TV. I would be happy to look into both of your accounts if you would like. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation