Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

SOMEBODY RAN MY CREDIT! !!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3
I got an inquiry today from Equifax that someone at Comcast located at 2925 Courtyards Drive Norcross Georgia 30071. Ran my credit report without my authorization. I did not ask to open an account I do not have a personal account with Comcast so why and I do mean why was my credit ran. I called Comcast as soon as I saw the inquiry and a ticket was opened however they agreed to remove this from my credit report but that does nothing to solve my issue because FRAUD has been committed, I want to know who did it! !! Somebody obtain my social security number and I want to know who!!! I already contacted the Gwinnett Police Department and I made a police report once the results from this ticket come in if I am not satisfied I will have a private investigator investigate this!!!
Who ran my credit report does anybody know?????????
2 REPLIES
Posted by
Administrator

Message 2 of 3

Hi Whoranmycredit -- Apologies that your credit was run without authorization. We will get your credit report corrected as credit should not have been run without authorization for a new account being created. We will not be able to release the name of the person involved though. A situation like this would be handled internally and dealt with appropriately. Are you able to share the ticket number you were given? I can do a follow up with it to make sure it's taken care of. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 3
Thanks for finally responding! Since I didn't get a response from my ORIGINAL ticket. I reached out to your corporate office today and I spoke with Brad who gave me a corporate ticket #ESL02898840. I should be expecting a call this evening. My social security number is not on your records this has been established! SOMEBODY obtained my information and pulled it THIS IS CLEAR. If you cannot tell me who maybe you can tell the Gwinnett Police Department, this is FRAUD!