Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Robbery

New Poster

Robbery

Apparently one if my kids went on a movie rental spree and used out checking acct online which cause bounced checks one to ixfinity we were told to show police report and report fraud and they would help ummm no!! I’m not pressing charges on my 10 yr old kid!!! I’m currently in the process of filing a complaint against Comcast and will be Persuing how to get some of the money they got out of me already and really thought I was gonna continue paying 500? Nope I’m done and fighting back you will not rob anyone again or atleast me ever again!!
Service Expert

Re: Robbery

@Raven2018 wrote:
Apparently one if my kids went on a movie rental spree and used out checking acct online which cause bounced checks one to ixfinity we were told to show police report and report fraud and they would help ummm no!! I’m not pressing charges on my 10 yr old kid!!! I’m currently in the process of filing a complaint against Comcast and will be Persuing how to get some of the money they got out of me already and really thought I was gonna continue paying 500? Nope I’m done and fighting back you will not rob anyone again or atleast me ever again!!

As the account holder you are responsible for everything ordered through your account.  There are Parental Controls that you can set up to keep this kind of thing from happening.  I am not sure how you can assume Comcast is at fault for your kid's behavior; Comcast has no way of knowing whether a 10 year old or an adult went on this "movie rental spree".  If the movies were ordered, paid for through your account, and watched, the onus is on you.  I can understand being angry and upset, and even moreso for the bounced checks and extra fees associated with that, but again, Comcast isn't at fault here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Not saying they are at fault I did put passcodes on acct after the fact of course but when I ask for a payment arrangement and start paying it next thing I know my bill goes from 190 something to almost 600 in a weeks time movies haven’t been ordered since feb so should be no reason for a bill this high after the fact and when they set up a payment plan an renig on that arrangement and expect me to pay almost 500 to reconnect yes they are at fault! They also should be able to help and credit some of this, just like we do at Verizon we aren’t at fault when a kid goes over min accidentally but because we value our customers we do try and help the customer rather than continue to jack up prices and add late charges or recommect charges bc someone is having a hard time catching up it’s called be compassionate and care for thier customers!!!
Service Expert

Since you filed a complaint with the FCC no one here will be able to help you.  You will have to wait for an agent to get in touch with you.

Locking this thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation