Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Revenue Assurance Team

Regular Visitor

Revenue Assurance Team

For the past 3 years, I've had 1 DVR box that I was never charged for it. About a year ago, I got another smaller DVR box that I was charged $9.99 for but received a service discount of $9.99 making it basically free. A Comcast agent CALLS ME and says that I need to renew my contract or my bill will go up and that he can help me with it. After plugging in all the credits, including the one where I would still get the 2nd DVR box for free, my bill is slightly higher but manageable. Now out of nowhere my bill skyrockets from around $ 140 a month to it is now currently over $200 because they're charging me $ 10 late fees for when I only paid what I was supposed to be paying. I called into customer service regarding this issue twice and two agents both stated my account would be fixed and the charges would be credited. Lies. Well after comparing my previous bills to the new ones, I find out that my plan increased by $ 5 because the agent I just chatted with (I would recommend that you contact the Comcast customer service via chat only so that you can save the transcript, the phone agents will lie to get you off the phone) stated I wasn't enrolled in autopay (who in their right mind would trust Comcast to autopay anything out of their account?). He also states that the Revenue Assurance Team accessed my account and determined that those DVR boxes should not be free and are now charging me for them, even though the first box I've never paid for and the second box was negotiated with the agent when I renewed my contract. How is a revenue assurance team able to adjust the terms of my contract without even notifying me? Somebody help. Is anybody having this same issue?

Official Employee

Re: Revenue Assurance Team

JoeJoeH, thanks for writing in. The cost of equipment isn't factored in the costs associated with your agreement. The agreement itself is an agreed upon price for the base rate of service (voice, internet, cable, security). Additional add ons like internet speed upgrades, specialized channels, additional voice features, and equipment are not a part of the actual agreement so they are subject to change. 

I'd be happy to take a look at your billing and provide you with a concise picture of what you're paying for and for how much. From there we can take a look at what we can do to get your rate back under control. 

Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for additional help. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation