members

online now

discussions

Retention and Loyalty to the Customer

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I have been working hard to stay a customer, but Comcast has been working against this effort.  I spoke to a customer service representative in early January and she let me know that my 2 year contract would be done in late January 2017 and, at that time, I would be eligible to look at new package pricing to lower my service costs.  I have tried to contact Comcast 3 separate occasions in the past week or so, and have received the worst customer service imaginable.  The first person I was connected with told me, in between what sounded like bites of Doritos, that I could save $10/month for being a customer.  When I asked about the pricing I was seeing for the service I have being over $40 cheaper per month, the bites got louder and I had to end the call.  The second person I spoke to told me that I needed to speak to the sales team and that they would be able to find me a great rate.  Since I was short on time, I opted to call back for that department.  On the third call, I requested the sales team and was told that, since I have the Triple Play and Xfinity Home, that the people at Xfinity Home would have to look at my account for any changes and pricing adjustments.  Although it makes no sense that Xfinity Home would discuss pricing of my Triple Play, and although I questioned the representative about this only to receive an ignorant response to my inquiry, I was told that I was being transferred to the folks at Xfinity Home.  The phone rang a couple of rings and someone from Billing answered so, needless to say, I had made it full-circle without resolution to my situation.  I finally decided that maybe a chat session would help.  Using deductive reasoning by seeing there is an email after all of this, you can imagine how helpful the chat was for me...   Let me know if you still want me as a customer or if I need to start pricing a different Internet/Phone/TV provider.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Admin1

Message 2 of 3

Hi joetschultz -- I had a look at your account and do have package options available for you. Xfinity Home is not attached to your Triple Play so you're able to get a discounted price for it without going through our Xfinity Home group. I'll have quotes sent to you via PM.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 3

@joetschultz: I feel for you and it is amusing how common this problem across most of the Comcast customers. I just replied to one of the other threads on this forum that how that thread and problems mentioned by customer resemble what I have going on my own thread.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Loyalty-Retention-department/m-p/2858973

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Customer-Retention-Loyalty-Price-Adjustments/m-p/2762189/highli...

Just downright shameful Comcast.