Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Retention Questions

New Poster

Retention Questions

I was told retention was only available through phone. Not chat or email. I have an anxeity condition that makes it extremely difficult to be on the phone. I was wondering 3 perhaps I could get help here. I no longer require my TV service or my phone service, however I am in a 2 years contract and I know if I downgrade I will be hit with an early termination fee. I'd like to know how much that fee could potentially be?
Service Expert

Re: Retention Questions

@FF7tifa224 wrote:
I was told retention was only available through phone. Not chat or email. I have an anxeity condition that makes it extremely difficult to be on the phone. I was wondering 3 perhaps I could get help here. I no longer require my TV service or my phone service, however I am in a 2 years contract and I know if I downgrade I will be hit with an early termination fee. I'd like to know how much that fee could potentially be?

As long as you keep one service you will not receive an early termination fee for downgrading.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Retention Questions

FF7tifa224 -- If you downgrade and keep at least one service you won't be charged the fee. If you just want to have internet only, I can definitely look at your account and see what promotions I have. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation