Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Residential Trouble Call

New Poster

Residential Trouble Call

We phoned Comcast with a question on why our small kitchen flat screen TV was suddenly showing a picture that was "framed", at least that was what it appeared like.  She tried to help me over the phone, then said maybe she'd better send a tech.  He came, saw the picture, picked up the remote and pressed a couple buttons and it was okay.  I ASK IF THERE WAS A CHARGE AND WAS TOLD THERE WAS NO CHARGE.  That didn't surprise me since he spent 5 or 6 minutes, punched some buttons, and did not give me an invoice or have me sign anything.  We thanked him for his help.  Today we got our Xfinity billing and there was a charge of $70.00  dated 9/21.  We did NOT ask for a tech to come out, we were TOLD one would be sent as they weren't able to fix our problem over the phone.  The reason this is doubly upsetting is that about 2 to 3 years ago we had the same thing happen!  Couldn't be done by phone;  sent a tech who pulled a plug;  moved it and said the same thing;  NO  CHARGE; there was no invoice and no signature ask for!  That time I complained by phone and they said they'd settle it by crediting us with a $35 refund.   Was that fair?  NO!  It's almost like a Scam.  The tech comes in, checks the  surge protector;  said one plug in on it was dead so moved the cord over one space.  Left with our thank you and no signed invoice of any kind.  We feel strongly that we don't owe you anything for the supposed service call.  Instead of a tech entering your home and spending a few minutes and saying NO CHARGE, they should be instructed to introduce themselve; TELL the homeowner it is a service call and give them an invoice to sign.  That's business and the way it ought to be handled instead of the surprise bills being sent !  

Official Employee

Re: Residential Trouble Call

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation