Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Removing a hard inquiry

Regular Visitor

Removing a hard inquiry

I am a new client with internet service only. I ONLY switched to try out Comcast internet before moving to a development in Nov that has Comcast basic cable. I figured if I liked the internet then I would get rid of my direct tv and go exclusively with an upgrade package at my new home (all this explained to the sales representative on the phone). I made it EXTREMELY 100% CLEAR and asked if Comcast pulled a hard file as I am planning to close on a home in November and have worked VERY HARD to get a great score to negotiate the best rate possible for my mortgage. I was assured that Comcast does not pull a hard but only A SOFT credit. I made the switch and for a measly basic internet account I received A notification that my credit score went down and was shocked to see it was Comcast (I had the worst customer service trying to get internet installed and had 3 no shows by service guys and NOW THIS 😡! I am considering legal measures as I had several people at my house that day that heard my conversation and would testify to my inquiry on hard pull of credit. I also will not only NOT get other services and tell anyone and everyone of this shameful practice. I would appreciate any help in how I can get this unfair and detrimental mark on my credit.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Removing a hard inquiry

Hi @TonyP27

Sorry for our delay in responding to you. We try to be fair and answer each post in the order it is received. I would be more than happy to help address your concerns regarding the hard inquiry. Please send me a private message including the following information: 

• Your first and last name
  • Account number or Phone number on the account
  • The full street address including unit number city state and zip code 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

All Replies
Regular Visitor

Why haven’t I received any answer from a Comcast employee yet?
Official Employee

Hi @TonyP27

Sorry for our delay in responding to you. We try to be fair and answer each post in the order it is received. I would be more than happy to help address your concerns regarding the hard inquiry. Please send me a private message including the following information: 

• Your first and last name
  • Account number or Phone number on the account
  • The full street address including unit number city state and zip code 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.