Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Regional Sports Fee/ unresolved

New Poster

Regional Sports Fee/ unresolved

As a customer we are ment to be in the right as we are paying for it not to mention they ask we pay in advance so i asked about this Regional Sports Fee. Their comment was that it was just another name for bordcast fee later i looked up information learning that they lied about this information not only this but they are chargeing me for something i cant get rid of they refuse to get ride of it along with other channels i never watch i asked for certain channels and they give me some bs package... im more then FED up with this i have even thought about going to the FCC and REPORT comcast for over chargeing people for a boardcast they do this little thing where when you want help with your bill or you have problems with your device or why your bill is going up they try to sell you ANOTHER contract so you can be stuck with them even longer but here is the thing i never AGREED to pay 155$ a month just so they can be money hungery nor did i say yes however the agreement that i made in PERSON was i would pay 145$ was 134$ +10 for extra internet for 2 years or something like that however they added +10 more  $$dollar's so my thought is this why cant you get what Channels you want remember you would be paying for what you get no package no BS NO LIE'S yet comcast is nothing but lying to us and wont accept the deal in turn they charge more so i see no reason why i cant turn and SUE for the lie they make.! fix it or deal with the law suit many people are willing to get behind... or am i wrong that comcast is chargeing to much for there service... (dont forget they charge you 50$ for every service fee....)

New Poster

Re: Regional Sports Fee/ unresolved

almost forgot to add this information as well as the bill for some reason about every night or every week we end up with a problem with either the internet or the TV service they just put in a new system to fix this however now that the problem when down after about idk (i dont know) 4 month's or more im getting different problems modem reboots no WARNING TV service DROP'S and yet not once did comcast call and saying " we noticed something is wrong with your service we will credit your service and let a tech know there a problem in the area." however NEVER have i EVER heard these word's from any comcast rep... it's a wonder if they want to help the customer or just add money in there pocket.... i get so many problems.... i tend to forget the rest that are important as well.... anyways... wanted to add this as well didn't want to open 100 posts just for a few things

Official Employee

Hi Grim90.

In regard to the Regional Sports Fee, this fee is included because our digital channel lineups include a variety of programming that appeals broadly to our customers' interests, including general entertainment, news, and sports programming. Under the current distribution model, we offer these very popular regional sports networks on our most widely distributed levels of service, and this fee covers a small portion of our costs to carry these increasingly expensive channels. 

As for the Service Visit Fee, yes anytime we have to send a tech out for a trouble call or an installation there is a fee associated. However, you can avoid this fee by subscribing to the Service Protection Plan which will cover the cost of a tech visit. 

If you are still having service issues, I'd be more than happy to review your account and see how I can get them resolved. Just send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

that may be true but i found out that cause A LOT of people that don't watch it get charged for this to i don't see while people that don't want RSF (Regional Sports Fee) more or less the channel's you push into a package deal not saying you directly but are put int all packages and PREVENT'S people from getting away from all the people that want to watch it and have other people pay for it this is UNFAIR to all customers including myself that do not WATCH SPORTS i rarely turn on to look at the weather and all the weather channel's but 1 that is located in the area which should be a free channel is the only weather channel i go to and that's cause they dont even cover the area im in however there is more to it then that.

Cable and satellite services have often blamed RSNs for pushing prices skyward. Back in 2006, Comcast said it would hike rates by $2 a month in the Washington-Baltimore market to cover the cost of adding the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network. But in putting an RSN line item on bills

this part right here in that explanation tells that Comcast is more or less blaming someone else for a price increases... That's not true and we both know it the FCC even said that charge all places a fee to broadcast however the fee charged is only a divided part of the sum and that cant be changed however the RSF can be changed and i can prove it just by changing a few things in your company which would allow people to choose if they want sports or not this may give the people who want it a higher bill but it would also make other people happy that they don't have some random RSF on there bill that they don't even use...

not only this that gets me but the fact that you ask for certain channel's and instead that want to sell you 220-300 channels.... and you might end up watching only about 50 of them if that more or less. Which doesn't even give you a choice if you could still get your channels with a small package however i don't see why the channels that i like to watch has been split up into all the groups which end up giving me more channels than i care to have...

now something that really gets me is that you guy's (Comcast) say's on the bill that you saved xx.xx amount of money on your bill well even if i did get a promotional discount or there was +xx.xx$ off my bill well this does not change the fact that the bill is much too high as it is and what really get's me is that when you talk to someone in person you get more information than you get over the phone or on the web.. mostly over the phone however i have tried the over the web once and all they did was reset everything like 3 times =.= resetting does not FIX the problem it only makes the problem temporarily go away it does not fix it at all even a cave man would know this scenario. However this is not the only problems i run into.

Forum Changes:
Forum Labels are HERE!... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation