Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Regional Sports Fee? Broadcast TV Fee? Franchise Fee? All increased?

Frequent Visitor

Regional Sports Fee? Broadcast TV Fee? Franchise Fee? All increased?

I will refrain from using the harsh language that I've been voicing out-loud.

In January our "other charges" and Taxes Surcharges and Fees increased another $3.... looks like an increase in Regional Sports Fees, Broadcast TV Fees and Franchise Fees... What the heck . (Edited per rules) are these fees? Who gets them and why?  Comcast owns like 25% of the broadcast stations!!

We live in area that shouldn't be considered rural - crowded little neighborhoods etc., but there is NO other option - Comcast is it. Ridiculous prices for service that doesn't live up to the hype. Blast Internet means nothing if they can't get it through the lines. The whole infrastructure needs upgrading.

GGRRRRRRRR

Official Employee

Re: Regional Sports Fee? Broadcast TV Fee? Franchise Fee? All increased?

Hi rukiddinme, 

Thanks for reaching out. The costs we are charged to carry popular networks continue to increase significantly - especially broadcast television and sports programming.  Comcast strives to minimize the impact of the continued rise in programming costs on our customers.  At the same time, we continue to make significant investments in our network and technologies – like faster Internet service and more WiFi hotspots, more video across viewing screens, innovations like X1 and a better customer experience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation