Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Reactivation fees after oral agreement to terminate?

New Poster

Reactivation fees after oral agreement to terminate?

This began with my trouble paying automatic fees online. My account was suspended. I called Comcast and during the course of my phone conversation, I decided to terminate my account. 

After paying all my outstanding bills on the phone, I expressly asked to be sent to your department responsible for terminations, and after a converstaion, your customer representative said that he could and would terminate my account. No complications were implied or expressed. Nearly a month later, I received a call notifying me that I am still being billed new fees for a "reactivated account". I talked on the phone and was able to clarify the problem: once my account bills were paid, my suspended account was reactivated. Once again, I asked to be sent to your department responsible for terminations and terminated the account a second time, and your representative promised to send me a final paper bill via mail.

Well and good, but this process seems unfair. I expressly asked for termination one month ago and received a positive response from your representative. Can I avoid these fees for a service I did not know I had and have not used?

Official Employee

Re: Reactivation fees after oral agreement to terminate?

Hi David90,

Before confirming whether or not the charges are valid, I will need to review your account, the notes and phone calls from when you originally called in to request to have it canceled. After further reviewing the account, I can provide more details on our next steps.  

Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number that were associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation