Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: comcast tech visit charge ?????? Shady all the way

New Poster

Well they're still up to this shady billing. I've been fighting tech support at Comcast for the last 6+ weeks with no headway. They sent out a tech who said everything was fine even though service interruptions persisted. Fast forward to last week and I come home to my outside cables disconnected and in the dirt. I told support about this and another tech visit was scheduled. That tech suggested that some comcast contractor was responsible for disconnecting the lines, fixed it and my internet has been good for several days now (a recent record). But then I look at my recent bill and I have a surprise $70 charge for that tech visit. To fix something some other comcast agent dangerously messed up. An hour plus of trying to talk to customer service has gotten an equivalent credit applied (but not until the next billing cycle so they still expect me to pay this bogus charge in the mean time).

So instead of being reiumbursed for service disruptions over a period of some months, I end up being charged even more for a Comcast side failure. Utter garbage.

Official Employee

Hello cotterman. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you need a review of the credit that was entered, please send me a private message with your account information, and I can assist.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation