Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Surprise Installation Fee?!?!?

New Poster

I recently moved and am a new Comcast customer.  After attempting the self-install kit and not being able to get a signal from the modem, the representative i was on the phone with said she would send someone over within the next couple of days. i did not request anyone to come, she took it upon herself to send someone and told me that she would fill out a ticket so i would not be charged. when the tech came he told me simply that i had plugged it in the wrong place and showed me where it was supposed to be connected to. he also said he would fill something out so i would not be charged. i get my bill to see a $60 installation fee after being told by TWO comcast workers there would not be one. i call and ask about it and the representative says he does not see anything on my account stating that it would be waived, even though i was on hold while the first representative was supposedly filling out the "ticket". he then transfers me to a supervisor who claims they have no way of finding out which representative told me this which i find it hard to believe that they have no records of who talks to which customers. therefore i was told more lies by comcast. i've had comcast for one month and have already been lied to and given false information by every worker i have spoken to, so unprofessional and ridiculous.

Official Employee

Hi @keish26

Sorry for the experience you've had. I'd like to review your account to see if I'm able to locate any note s or phone calls stating you would not be billed for an installation. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation