Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Seriously Comcast...another wrong box

Frequent Visitor

I got you 'beat'! I returned a DVR box that came with the upgrade to X1 3 years ago, freezing screen, 'please unlug from wall error message" . The box the service center gave me, refurbished, has extremely poor audio quality, some times automatically changes to 'zoom' when changing stations, and the video quality goe's from something like 1080p to undistingiqual HDTV like 720, blurry and bright as the night goes on. I ordered another, since then I have recieved two RNG200N boxes, that have no voice control, no on demand nor menu for recording, apps etc.  and get this, the 3rd time they sent a router instead of a dvr! So I now await a PX001ANM that is still two years older than the box I turned in. It gets better, I woke up this morning with my DVR service disconnected/dropped and a bill for $70.00 more dollars...Then after chatting with some one who advised me it was all a mistake offered "compensation", no charge on the delivery, and got back my TV service. But guess what, all recordings are lost! When I open up the new box, if it's not compatible or has any glitches, it's going to my Consumer advocate at the A.G.'s office and they have already told me they will staighten out the issue! All I wanted to do was watch the Super Bowl with out having to reset the box every hour!

Official Employee

Hi bob0541,  apologies for your experiences. If you experience any issues with your new DVR please let me know and I will look into it further for you.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Well looking at Comcast Phil's track record on the site,I like to think that this will be finally straitened out. 🤔 Seems odd to me that you get better results with all Comcast related issues solved better here than you do on the phone or even in person. Phone reps could learn a whole lot from these online techs. Kudos!