Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused servic

New Poster

Re: No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused servic

I have the same problem, signed up in June for internet and tv service.  I picked up the modem and DVR at Comcast service center. However, I did not used or activated the service since of traveling.  I called to cancel and was told to bring back the machines to complete the cancellation. My husband returned the modem and the DVR to Comcast service center as was told in August.   However, they still sending me bill for accumulating  service until now.  I know that I still have to pay partial of the bill and want to get an adjustment bill. I had called several times and spend hours of waiting and explaining my situation. I was told because I didn't called to cancel, I have to pay for their service until end of October. (That when they terminated the account for no payment). In the last phone conversation, I asked the agent if Comcast have record when I returned the equipment, she said she does not know but it showed  that they don't charged for equipment anymore.  I then asked if I don't have Comcast Equipment how do Comcast still charge for service that they did not provide. She yelled at me that if I picked up the equipment I have to pay, since they don't have the record of my cancellation, it does not matter if I returned the equipment.  She then hung up on me. I was surprised to be treated so bad.  I now learned hanging up the phone is regular happened at Comcast customer service billing department.

Official Employee

Hi MKhuynh1, by chance do you have a receipt from when the DVR and modem were returned?  

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon