Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: No offers or deals for long term existing customers???

Frequent Visitor

I would like to get some understanding of what happened to me with comcast today. It ended up with me talking to 4 comcast employee (3 in India) and I was so frustrated I just cancelled my tv subscription.

Received a call from a nice lady at comcast telling me that my promotion price was ending and they wanted to ensure they retained me as a customer. She had all the information about my account and was very knowledgable. She offered me the same promotion price I previously had the past 2 years for another 2 years for $5 more a month and it would include HBO. I accepted the offer and she transferred me to a 3rd party verification group. She also said that she noted the offer on my account and to call customer service in case i got disconnect. The call transferred and said something like 'welcome to ascension'  then it hung up. I called customer service in India, and spent more time verifying my account and they saw the notation offer, but didn't know where it was from, and they had no promotion offers. Finally they decided that I needed to talk to billing and they transferred me, and another hang up from customer service. I called back again and reached someone in billing, and had to verify everythign again and they could not find out who or what I was offered. They decided I need to talk to a sales or retention group, but couldn't transfer me and told me to call customer service again and go thru the verify process again. I finally got someone from retention and he was knowlegable but said there were no promotion offers. After about another 20 minutes of trying to sell me on adding triple play, he found there was a 2 year promotion, that was about $10 more a month, but no HBO. He relayed that they couldn't see what was offered and it could be a 3rd party group contacting me. I really didn't care about HBO but after another 15 minutes of trying to get what comcast had offered 2 hours before, I finally just told them to cancel my tv subscription, and I will probably cancel the internet in the next couple weeks with an att promotional rate I keep getting. Just trying to understand what happened with all this confusion. I've been a customer since 2005 and would keep the service at the same rate, but this is way more hassle than required to renew a service. Thanks for any feedback you can provide.  

<personal info, forums violation>

Official Employee

jgburk, this is not the experience I want for you. I'd be happy to see if we can offer you a promotion that fits your needs. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name for assistance.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation