Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Internet Only Customer but charged Broadcast TV fee

New Poster

I'm currently anXfinity Internet/WIFI only customer but I still have a Sorts Fee $5 and a Broadcast TV Fee $7. I've mentioned these fees during recent calls with Xfinity and have been told those fees would be taken off. I still have them....
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here Anrares. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am unable to send private message so to post here seems to be the only option.

I have changed to the internet only plan but there is a "Broadcast TV Fee" of $7 on my monthly bill. I do not subscribe TV plan and do not use the Xfinity TV service so why I am charged of that fee?

Official Employee

Hi ycchien. I can assist in reviewing your billing for this fee. If you have internet only, you shouldn't be charged a Broadcast TV Fee.

To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

i had comcast offer me free t.v. due to the fact they couldnt figure out what was causing an intermitantcy prob. was supposed to be free to me with hbo added. yet for yrs they keep charging me broadcast fee. they do not come out  to appointments or send wrong type of tech even though u clearly tell them whats up and they tell you sir we will send right tech but nope wrong tech this goes on for 9 months and comcast thinks its a good idea to charge a late fee for the months they didnt provide the service i paid for but refused to pay after the first 4 no shows or wrong techs sent. this company is robbing their customers offer me 25 speed for 45 dollars then more than dbl the bill now if i want unlimited net. for extra 50 a month or play the risk game of my bill maybe being 250 dollars if i go so far over my data limit now. surrounding compettitors offer 100 speed at 40 dollars one even offers no data cap. 250 or 40 for 4 times the service. whats a customer to do?

New Poster

I am another customer. I tried to send you PM, however, the PM interface did not show up.

I am using Chrome browser. 

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hello,
I literally just signed up for Internet only, read through all the details and and had no mention of the extra billing (sports fee and tv fee). I would like these removed, or credited for the entire 12months. Any assistance is appreciated, even though you didn't cause this.
New Poster

I'm currently anXfinity Internet/WIFI phone customer but I still have a Broadcast TV Fee $7. Why and how do the get removed
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hi,

We cancelled our TV subscription this past Sunday, opting for Internet only. However I noticed on our plan we are being charged for Broadcoast TV and Regional Sports fees when we are no longer TV subscribers. Our plan change did not happen in the middle of a billing cycle so we should not be charged on our upcoming bill. Can you please have the fees removed?

Thank you.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I understand that my bill may have a prorated charge but why is it still listed on my service plan when I log in

Official Employee

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I'm in the same situation. Have Internet service only and beeing charge for broadcast tv.
Official Employee

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I have internet only too and never would pay a $$7.00 broadcast fee for TV that you

can receive for free. The rippoff use to be $1.50 per month until customers began leaving in

droves. <Edited for violating forum guidelines "Solicitation"> Mine is on a 10'

pole next to my chimney. I get over 75 HDTV channels and Hulu for $5.00 per month. I save a ton

of money over the ridiculous ever rising Comcast rates.

Official Employee

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.