Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Installation Cost?-Internet Essentials

New Poster

I signed my mom up for internet essentials.  She just needs the bare minimum to get a signal to do a video chat with her brother in France.  SHe has no, smart tv,  or computer.    She is only using a small tablet 1 time a week so she doesnt need much.    She is 80 yrs old for gosh sake.   It says no install, no equipment charges, no hook up fees, and its $9.95 a month. I figured with taxes it would be a max of $12 or 13 a month.    I look and they say $46.  WTFreak????      It also shows no info for what the extra $30 is to get this at her apt.   If they say zero for everything and just $9.95 + tax a month then that is what it should be.  I can not find anything anywhere that says why it is starting out at $46 for the first bill at all.     Why lie to people?    Are they charging for 4 months all at once?     Not sure what is happening.    But this seems like an exfinity scam somehow.    This is the 3rd time I have know someone to have big bills for this service for no reason or explanation.  

Expert

wrote:

I signed my mom up for internet essentials.  She just needs the bare minimum to get a signal to do a video chat with her brother in France.  SHe has no, smart tv,  or computer.    She is only using a small tablet 1 time a week so she doesnt need much.    She is 80 yrs old for gosh sake.   It says no install, no equipment charges, no hook up fees, and its $9.95 a month. I figured with taxes it would be a max of $12 or 13 a month.    I look and they say $46.  WTFreak????      It also shows no info for what the extra $30 is to get this at her apt.   If they say zero for everything and just $9.95 + tax a month then that is what it should be.  I can not find anything anywhere that says why it is starting out at $46 for the first bill at all.     Why lie to people?    Are they charging for 4 months all at once?     Not sure what is happening.    But this seems like an exfinity scam somehow.    This is the 3rd time I have know someone to have big bills for this service for no reason or explanation.  

Is the account in her name or in your name?

Did you fill out the application for her for Internet Essentials? and was it approved?

Official Employee

Hello melwrona, were you able to get this looked at or resolved?