Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: I want to downgrade my service to internet only now have to pay full price?

New Poster

I am also having trouble with Comcast. I signed up in December 2017, thinking I would get sercixe. I even paid a 50 fee. Techs were no shows dueinf the last of December and I was charged for a bill. I didn't get service until Jan 8. And I was told I would not get charged for a bill from Jan 24- February 15. Bill wasn't suppose to be 151.35. it's April 7, 2018 and I have a bill over 500.00 which I had to pay 256.19. I've called and even chatted with agents and suppose to have down graded to a 74.99 package which would bring my bill down but they charged a hidden fee of changing my lowered package. Now they saying I owe 242.35 when I xhanged package. Bill is supposed to be just 107.92 not the 242.35. They will talk all the way round the world to avoid telling a person correct information. I've never had so much problems with dish. I switched from dish to Comcast because Comcast ahs the internet. I'm thinking now that this was a mistake.
Official Employee

Cooksey36, thanks for reaching out about your billing issues. 

If you didn't have service from December-January 8th, that is the only time you shouldn't have been charged for service. 

There is no fee to change your plan. There may be prorated credits or debits to the account based on what package you change to and when it is done in the billing cycle. Let's take a look at the $74.99 package offer and your other billing concerns. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and account related phone number so I can help.

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation