Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: How to dispute a comcast debt on credit report

New Poster

I have the EXACT same issue. I cancelled my comcast service last year, due to lack off consistent service in my area. I got service outages weekly. Literally, weekly. I was also on paperless billing. When I cancelled my service and returned my equipment, I never recieved a final bill. I called on 5 separate occasions, telling them to send me a final bill, so I can pay it, and have my new cable company pay the early termination fee (that I SHOULDNT have recieved in the 1st place, because Comcast didnt fullfill their service agreement with me)

Needless to say, i never recieved a single bill from them. But they wasted no time sending my account to collections, for not paying the termination fee! They way I found out was at my closing! Comcast's 100.00 collection they illegally posted to my credit profile dropped my score 45 points! I had to cancel my closing. I called comcast AGAIN, and spoke to someone in collections, and they read all the notes on my account, and apologized for the mistake. The collections agent credited my account $50, and said they would submit a request to remove the collection from my account. Of course that was a lie. Ive since had to reapply for my Mortgage loan, and got a higher interest rate, because of Comcast's lack of human element. I plan on sueing them for this, as they costed my THOUSANDS of dollars... oh and guess what? They FINALLY sent me a bill. a customer service rep had to HAND WRITE a letter, with a screen shot of my bill, she took from her desktop at work. Comcast has been nothing nbut a thorn in my side since I signed up for their service. All I want is this collection taken off my report and to cut ties with them forever. 

Official Employee

Hello Unsatisfied21. I can assist with reviewing your account and submit a ticket request to have the debt collection removed from your account. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation