Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Better rates for customer loyalty

New Poster

I have been with Comcast for 18 years. In that time I have never missed a payment and used autobill and always bragged about my internet service to my friends and relatives. I thought I enjoyed great bang for my monthly cost. I had, until recently this year, always ecperienced what I believe to have been good customer service both on the phone and in the service centers. I thought I was valued as a customer.

Yesterday I inquired about a double play bundle that was being offered to new customers for two years with a Visa gift card. I stated that I never received such a great deal after having been a customer for almost 2 decades. I said I would like a comparable double play price even without the gift card just something relatable as the promotion I saw was 220 plus channels with 100 mbps internet for two years at $114.99 (plus a gift card mind you) and my current package out of promotion was a digital starter of 140 channels and 100 mbps internet at $134 plus rentals and fees etc to arrive at monthly bill of last I checked $171.

The servive rep listebed to me, read dutifully from a script, then came back to me with a pitiful triple play deal at more money with half the channels as the new customer promotions and said she could ony offer me “what was available on the screen” to offer. So I said ok just cancel the cable and leave my internet as is. She tried to upgrade my internet. I said no. Then she says internet only at what I had would be $95 a month which is crazy as the starter double play I have is currently $150-$171 (seems to continuously creep) with that internet plus 140 channels.

I asked if this was all she was willing to do. Again I was met with it was all she was allowed to do. I asked her to cancel my service as of Feb 28. She agreed and said I would have ten days from that date to return all equipment. So there you have it folks. Eighteen years of customer loyalty poofed into smoke. It seems no longer is customer retention a priority if it ever was. I have spent two hours changing all of my various bank and credit accounts from the comcast email I have had for 18 years to a different email address and decided to sign up for Google. I never thought I would ever leave Comcast. I doubt I will be missed as they are too busy wooing new clients by promising gift cards and great deals to anyone who has a pulse as long as they dont already have an account as a paying customer.

Disappointed in Huntsville
Official Employee

Hi Ann76. We are sad to learn you've decided to cancel your service. If you think we could change your mind, I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. If you'd like to get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Official Employee

Hi @707ryan. We're sorry you feel that way. It's not like that at all. We certainly value all our customers, including you.

Regarding promotional discounted offers, We offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. Discounted pricing only lasts for a limited period of time and does eventually shift to Everyday Price.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to send me a private message. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Official Employee

Hi @707ryan

If you are unhappy with your billing rates, I can assist with a review of your account to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

A PM was sent yesterday.  I look forward to hearing back from you.

Official Employee

Thanks for sending the PM @707ryan. I received it and have responded. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation