Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Being billed after disconnected service

Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar problem.  Called to shut off service, returned all equipment and have been billed for partial month service.  The equipment was returned on 4/23/2017 after the shut off request was made and the bill is dated 5/3/2017.  Google search shows this to be a common problem.  My follow up and ticket numbers have done nothing.

Now received a collection letter.  To me another indication of how little Comcast Cares.

Official Employee

Hello minncarp. I can assist in reviewing your disconnection and billing stop dates. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I now find that the cable I was told was to be disconnected from my building two weeks after I left was never unhooked.  The date the equipment was returned was 4/23 and the invoice was dated 5/3 and nothing was done by Comcast since 4/23 to close the account, disconnect service or respond to my effort to finalize the closing of the account.  Private messages sent have not received a response.  I know personal information cannot be displayed but the solution should be public information so more customers can benefit from the information.

Official Employee

Hi @minncarp. I have received and responded to your private message. Please respond in private so we can continue our conversation about your account details privately. We only choose private messaging to keep your information secure. Thank you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Ditto! NEVER COMCAST AGAIN.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation